Analog phone doesn't ring?

have tried various analog phones on TDMxxB and they don’t ring when I make a call to them but if I pick up phone (when know should be ringing) the call is there and can talk to other end. These phones all ring when connected to normal (BT UK) phone line.

Can you post your extension information -
particularly the dial command -

Thanks,

Brad

[globals]
ZAPCHAN_202 = 1
VM_PREFIX = *
RINGTIMER = 15
REGTIME = 7:55-17:05
REGDAYS = mon-fri
RECORDEXTEN = ""
PARKNOTIFY = SIP/200
OUT_2 = ZAP/1
OUT_1 = ZAP/g0
OUTPREFIX_2 = 9
OUTMAXCHANS_2 = 1
OUTCID_2 = 02920462387
OPERATOR =
NULL = ""
IN_OVERRIDE = forcereghours
INCOMING = EXT-201
FAX_RX_EMAIL = fax@mydomain.com
FAX_RX = system
FAX =
E202 = ZAP
E201 = SIP
E200 = SIP
DIRECTORY_OPTS =
DIRECTORY = last
DIAL_OUT = 9
DIAL_OPTIONS = tr
DIALOUTIDS = 1/2/
CALLFILENAME = ""
AFTER_INCOMING = EXT-200

[ext-local]
include => ext-local-custom
exten => 200,1,Macro(exten-vm,200@default,200)
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}200,1,Macro(vm,200)
exten => 201,1,Macro(exten-vm,201@default,201)
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}201,1,Macro(vm,201)
exten => 202,1,Macro(exten-vm,202@default,202)
exten => ${VM_PREFIX}202,1,Macro(vm,202)

[outbound-allroutes]
include => outbound-allroutes-custom
include => outrt-001-9_outside
include => outrt-002-Outbound

[outrt-001-9_outside]
include => outrt-001-9_outside-custom
exten => _9.,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9.,2,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available circuits

[outrt-002-Outbound]
include => outrt-002-Outbound-custom
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},1234)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available circuits
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},1234)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available circuits
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-trunk,2,${EXTEN},1234)
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available circuits

ok, so I see you are using asterisk@home. Don’t know why your phones would not be ringing.

You might try for a reinstall - or I wonder if you have a bad card?

Brad

Asterisk Version 1.0.9

Incoming calls are routed to extensions OK - if you pick up then you can talk to the caller, but they do not ring. A modem connected to the same FXS port shows “RING”.

The cable connection I am currently using is 4-wire RJ11, with the wires reversed (so if you hold the two plugs side by side one is black-red-green-yellow and the other is yellow-green-red-black).

I also tried a straight-through 4-wire RJ11 cable, but this did not work at all (no dialtone).

Two of the FXS modules were bought a couple of weeks later than the original card (1 x FXO + 1 x FXS), but of course might be the same batch.

What cables do people normally use to connect analogue phones to these cards? Ideally I would like to use an RJ11 to BT socket adaptor, so that I can use standard telephone extensions to connect up the phones.

Richard

store.myphonecall.co.uk/store/shopexd.asp?id=135

“An RJ11 to UK BT adapter to enable a standard UK phone to be connected to an American standard socket. The adaptor includes a ring circuit which enables the phone to ring.”

I have ordered some, and will post the success/failure when they arrive next week.

Richard

The adaptors arrived, and expectantly I plugged one into an FXS port on the Digium card, and plugged a phone into it. Nothing. Not even a dial tone.

I plugged the phone back in using an RJ11 <-> RJ11 lead (reversed connections) and using it called the supplier of the adaptors (proving that the FXS port had not mysteriously blown over the weekend. They were completely stumped. They use the Digium board, with these adaptors, using Asterisk, with no problems themselves, and know of other people they have supplied to using this combination successfully.

I tried reversing the connections on one of the adaptors, just in case, but still not dialtone.

So:

• with the 4-wire cable I can make and receive calls, incoming calls do not ring the phones
  • with the 2-wire adaptor I don’t even get a dialtone

Does anyone know where I can find out what the pin-outs of the FXS ports are? I could not find this information on the Digium site.