AMI response - Redirect failed channel not up

Hi

I was trying to use AMI command Redirect, to transfer a channel to a different context. e.g A call came and is currently in a context ‘firstcontext’. I have sent AMI command -

Action: Redirect
Channel: SIP/192.168.0.127-09749688
Context: secondcontext
Exten: 9992221110
Priority: 1

In response what i get is -

Response: Error

But i can see in the CLI that the channel is being worked with by the dialplan and currently in residing in the ‘firstcontext’.

can anybody explain what this means? what should i do to solve the problem?

thanx.

This seems wrong to me, here you should put a peer defined in sip.conf.

Cheers.

Marco Bruni

actually this “Channel: SIP/192.168.0.127-09749688” is the channel created when the call first came to the ‘firstcontext’. And i have taken the newly created channel information from the CLI. This information is variable. this is not wrong. because it works perfectly in another asterisk in my lan. also this works sometimes correctly, but frequently gives the “Redirect failed, channel not up”.

I would like to know what does this message mean.

thanx for ur reply. :smile:

[quote=“tareqmy”]actually this “Channel: SIP/192.168.0.127-09749688” is the channel created when the call first came to the ‘firstcontext’. And i have taken the newly created channel information from the CLI. This information is variable. this is not wrong. because it works perfectly in another asterisk in my lan. also this works sometimes correctly, but frequently gives the “Redirect failed, channel not up”.

I would like to know what does this message mean.

thanx for ur reply. :smile:[/quote]

I found the problem. It happened when my server was sending two Redirect action request at the same time. I just had to make sure they dont. Thanx.