AMD and StartMusicOnHold

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to make an outbound call using AMD application to recognize Answering Machine, If it’s a machine I will hangup the channel, if it’s not I will Dial another extension (or place the channel in a queue).
The problem is that I need to play a MOH sound while AMD is executing. Starting a MOH sound on the same channel where I’m executing AMD application doesn’t work (MOH sound is processed by AMD).

I was trying to start MOH on the first local channel, and then processing AMD on the callee channel, it works, but I can’t stop the MOH on the first channel after AMD finish.

Anybody can help me?

Playing a sound whilst listening for silence will only work if there is good echo cancellation. I’d suggest your requirement will produce a fragile system.

What is the underlying reason for this requirement?

The Italian law requires it for Dialers, I need to play something to the customer channel, he can’t hear silent.

If I call a dialplan to call the customer, I can start MOH with a macro and the option M in Dial application, then the callee will be in another extension where I can use AMD (and seems it works). So I think I can use AMD and MOH on different channels, but I don’t know how to stop MOH on first channel when AMD finish on the second channel.

Answer the call on the local channel.

What do you mean? Both channels are already answered. I use StartMusicOnHold to start MOH to be able to continue with dialplan. Can you provide a simple example to do what you mean?

A local channel starts unanswered.

This is my current test dialpans:

[test-amd-call]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(TESTAMDCALL)
 same => n,Dial(Local/${EXTEN}@from-internal/n,30,M(test-amd-macro))
 same => n,Hangup()

[macro-test-amd-macro]
exten => s,1,NoOp(test-amd-macro)
 same => n,StartMusicOnHold(rumore)
 same => n,MacroExit()

[test-amd]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(INITIALIZING AMD)
 same => n,AMD()
 same => n,Answer()
 same => n,NoOp(TESTAMDSTATUS: ${AMDSTATUS})
 same => n,NoOp(TESTAMDCAUSE: ${AMDCAUSE})
 same => n,GotoIf($[${AMDSTATUS}=MACHINE]?mach:humn)
 same => n(mach),NoOp(TESTAMD is a machine!)
 same => n,Hangup()
 same => n(humn),NoOp(TESTAMD is an human!)
 same => n,Queue(${EXTEN})
 same => n,Hangup()

Using CLI, I’m originating a call to dial 123456789 and queue the call on queue 100.

channel originate Local/123456789@test-amd-call extension 100@test-amd

Then, I can start MOH with StartMusicOnHold in the dial macro. AMD() is executing on another channel, so it doesn’t process MOH sound, but then I can’t stop the MOH.

What can I do?

I’m not an expert on asterisk, so probably I’m not evaluating some other possibilities to achieve this.

I confused M with m. Use the m option on Dial.

I need MOH on the called party when it answer.
m option provide hold music to the calling party.

Probably I’m wrong with the flow and it’s not the correct way to place a call.

What I want to do is:

• dial an external number
  • if it answers, start a MOH
  • while customer hear MOH, check if it’s an answering machine with AMD()
  • when AMD finish, stop MOH
  • then add the call to a queue