Adding extensions errors

after i submit changes in the ‘Add an Extension’ settings of AMP, i get these errors:

Warning: fopen(/etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/functions.php on line 2151

Warning: fopen(/etc/asterisk/vm_email.inc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/functions.php on line 2151

Warning: fopen(/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/functions.php on line 2151

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

What are the permissions for those files?

Make sure the files are readable by user “nobody”. Since I haven’t used AMP yet, it may be trying to WRITE to the functions.php file as well, and in that case the “nobody” user will need to be able to write to that file as well.

Replace “nobody” with the user your web server runs as – most run as nobody, some as www, etc…

ok i had all permissions set to allow all access with read/write/excute. i also made sure that the asterisk user has all permissions as well. now how do i change the ‘nobody’ user account settings (if this is the problem) on my machine. i dont see that user listed anywhere.

thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Mike

Mine looks like:

-rwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 410 Apr 11 13:09 vm_email.inc
-rwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 735 Apr 11 13:09 vm_general.inc
-rwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 862 Apr 11 13:09 voicemail.conf

Asterisk is both the owner and group. These are pre-configured in my copy of Asterisk@Home (b/c I’m too lame to install this all myself). I think what you need to do, from the /etc/asterisk directory is:

chmod 777 vm_email.inc
chmod 777 vm_general.inc
chmod 777 voicemail.conf

Then:

chown asterisk [each file]

chgrp asterisk [each file]

That would make it line up with mine, no guarantee to solve your problem.

Disclaimer: I am an idiot, and this could render your system useless.

I tried all of that and I am still getting the same errors?? Any other ideas?