Account failed to enable - could not be enabled 408 error

Hello Friends,

I am new to this Asterisk world. I have tested well using Raspberry PI in my home network excellently.

I just bought a dedicated linux server - Ubuntu 10(Hosted) and followed the steps provided in the below url.

randystech.com/index.php?option= … r&Itemid=8

Asterisk 1.8/ FreePBX and MYSQL environment.

Using x-lite client i cant register the user. I try to put trace on 5060 port (ngrep) i can see register request 1001@XXX coming in. When I put trace on Asterisk (Debug on), I cant see any trace. I believe the traffic is not reaching the asterisk server.

The linux server has 2 IPs. One primary for normal telnet(root) and another one for RemoteKVM. No firewall settings on Server. I have disabled the service UFW.

Please guide me to the right direction. I spend lot of time and I need to finish this asap.

regards
Nathan

408 is normally faked by the client when it doesn’t get a response. Either you have a wrong address configured, in the client, or, you have missed a firewall.

Hello David,
Thanks for the reply. That is the same reply i am getting every where. The fire wall is totally switched off at server side. My home network firewall doesnt stop anything because the register request lands on server.

Please find the trace from the command “sudo ngrep -d eth0 port 5060”

(My router external ip) XX.XX.XX.XX:5349 -> YY.YY.YY.YY(Asterisk server):5060
REGISTER sip:YY.YY.YY.YY SIP/2.0…Via: SIP/2.0/UDP zz.zz.zz.zz(my pc ip):5349;bran
ch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-a3aec2aae42be194-1—d8754z-;rport…Max-Forwards: 70…Con
tact: sip:1001@zz.zz.zz.zz:5349;rinstance=bd73ae080bbbc460…To: “1001”<si
p:1001@YY.YY.YY.YY>…From: "1001"sip:1001@YY.YY.YY.YY;tag=aa72cf0c.
.Call-ID: MjMwZWNiN2Q4YmUzMzQ3YWY5Yzk4YWI5ZmIzNWQzYzk…CSeq: 1 REGISTER…E
xpires: 3600…Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, MESS
AGE, SUBSCRIBE, INFO…User-Agent: X-Lite release 5.0.0 stamp 67284…Content
-Length: 0…

on Asterisk -vvvvvvr and set debug on . I see nothing.