Which card

Hi all:
I want to buy a 2 ports E1 Digium card for conference call.Which one is best for me?
Regards.

If you have a newer server either the TE210P or TE212P. The only difference between the two is the TE212P has built in echo cancellation which is worth it if your server will be highly loaded. If you have the money in the budget go for the TE212P.

Also keep in mind that if you think you may need more E1’s in the near future you would be better off getting the 4 port (TE410P or TE412P) because having more than one digium card in the server can cause issues (mostly missed interrupts which will cause voice quality issues) and is not recommended.

Hi swaterhouse:
Thanks a lot.If I use 2 E1 ports I can have 60 concurrent calls,
for example for conference call I can have 4 rooms with 20 people or many other states. Is it true?and Is it highly loaded?
Regards.

With 2 E1 cards you can have up to 60 concurrent calls. It may only be 58 depending on how the E1 is configured as most times one channel of each T1 or E1 is dedicated to transmitting data about the calls and not used for voice communications (called the data channel or “D” channel).

In a dual processor server with 2GB ram or more and 15K rpm SAS or SCSI drives you should be fine without the built in echo cancellation but I would still highly recommend the built in echo cancellation if you can afford it.

Hi Swaterhouse:
Finally I decided buy 2E1 ports Digium card with echo canceler,Now which one is better TE212 or TE220B.
Regards.

They are basically the same the 212 fits in a regular PCI slot the 220 fits in a PCI Express slot so it depends on whats available in your server.

Hi swaterhouse:
Thanks.I have no problem with motherboard.If one TE212P fits in a regular PCI slot 3.3 volt and the TE207P fits in a PCI slot 5 volt and theTE220B fits in a PCI Express slot,Totally which one has higher performance?And why the TE220B is cheapest?
Best Regards.

If you have a server that supports PCIe I doubt it also has a 5 volt PCI slot as that is older technology. Personally I would choose the TE212P over the TE220B only because the TE212P has been out a longer and is proven to work. Either way you are buying a Digium card so get support from Digium and I can attest that the support is very good. They will work on your issue until a resolution is found. If there are any issues with the TE220B I am sure they would resolve them if that the way you want to go.

Hi Swaterhouse:
Thanks a lot.May you answer this my question,too?
I want to work with asterisknowbeta6 for conference call.Can I use TE212P therefor it’s older than asterisknowbeta6?

Hi Swaterhouse:
Thanks a lot.May you answer this my question,too?
I want to work with asterisknowbeta6 for conference call.Can I use TE212P therefor it’s older than asterisknowbeta6?
Best Regards.