What does warning mean? Maximum retries exceeded

I am trying to get a sip connection with voipbuster working, outbound calling works great, my voip-in number is displayed as caller-id, but inbound calls don’t work and the following error shows in the messages log of asterisk, what does it mean?

Jan 2 10:42:12 WARNING[64433]: Maximum retries exceeded on call ee2d3a2ee4f64750ba6e1c4b5a82bd02@194.221.62.211 for seqno 0 (Non-critical Response)

:blush: I feel stupid :blush:

Turns out all I had to do was add an extension with my voipbuster login as number in the context defined in the general section of sip.conf and use alaw codec…

btw dtmf is not working but that’s not too bad

[quote=“Esky”]:oops: I feel stupid :blush:

Turns out all I had to do was add an extension with my voipbuster login as number in the context defined in the general section of sip.conf and use alaw codec…

btw dtmf is not working but that’s not too bad[/quote]

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what was the problem. Coul’d you please explain one more time?

voipbuster already worked fine on outgoing calls, but now they gave me a local voip-in number so I put a register statement in sip.conf and assumed it would go to the s extension. So when I dailed my voip-in number I got the following error:

Jan 2 10:42:12 WARNING[64433]: Maximum retries exceeded on call ee2d3a2ee4f64750ba6e1c4b5a82bd02@194.221.62.211 for seqno 0 (Non-critical Response)

Since I didn’t know what this meant and couldn’t find any information on it I posted a message here.
When I looked closely at the output of SIP DEBUG I noticed the connection was trying to call a non-existant extension (my voipbuster loginname), so after addind an extension with that name it worked great except for DTMF.

[quote=“Esky”]voipbuster already worked fine on outgoing calls, but now they gave me a local voip-in number so I put a register statement in sip.conf and assumed it would go to the s extension. So when I dailed my voip-in number I got the following error:

Since I didn’t know what this meant and couldn’t find any information on it I posted a message here.
When I looked closely at the output of SIP DEBUG I noticed the connection was trying to call a non-existant extension (my voipbuster loginname), so after addind an extension with that name it worked great except for DTMF.[/quote]

Thank you.