What Asterisk files to back up?

Hi Folks,

Configuration:
Linux box
Digium TDM something card
Cisco 7960 phones running SIP

We have been using Asterisk for more than a year. As things were working as expected, I never bothered to upgrade our version. Now it is time for us to move to the latest version of Asterisk. I will be rebuilding the machine. However, before I do that, I need to backup all the important Asterisk related files from the machine.

Here are the files I have identified that I need to back up:

File: /etc/zaptel.conf
Dir: /etc/asterisk/
Dir: /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/ (all subdirectories)
Dir: /tftpboot (Contains config files for Cisco SIP phones)

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me if I missed any other important files.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pradeep

I would strongly recommend regular full system backups at an OS level, as opposed to only Asterisk files. Something like a weekly backup with daily incrementals, then if you need to rollback to a full working version it is simply a restore.

As for a list of all Asterisk file locations, have a look in:

/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

waldorf:/etc/asterisk # cat asterisk.conf [directories] astetcdir => /etc/asterisk astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk astrundir => /var/run/asterisk astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk waldorf:/etc/asterisk #

MuppetMaster,

Thank you for your help.

I should have been more clear on my query. As I am rebuilding the system with the latest version of Asterisk, I do not need to save any executables. However, configuration files are the ones that I wish to preserve. Are there any configuration files in the following directories that I mus save:

astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

Appreciate your help.

Pradeep