Weid provider... Need to change Contact and From header independently

Inclined Readers,

Strange Problem or better weird carrier.
For outgoing calls, they expect the contact header to always be +E164 without outgoing extension, while the FROM header SHOULD be +E164 PLUS the outgoing extension, in order to correctly set the outgoing callerID.
I’ve been searching for almost 10hrs to find a configuration for this, but I can’t find any suitable solution…
Except one topic from 2016 here where it’s said this cannot be done: Asterisk sip Contact change

I also found this, but that didn’t work either:
http://www.asterisk.org.za/pipermail/tech/2015-October/006828.html
To my understanding of SIP, this is not exactly in accordance with RFCs anyway.
I can set fromuser in sip.conf, but this of course also sets the FROM header, preventing me from sending the originating extension using CALLERID(NUM). So I end up with only the trunk number as oputgoing Caller-ID…
I am using chan_sip (chan_pjsip out of question at the moment), asterisk is 13.14.1 standard Debian package
My question: Can you people confirm that it’s really not doable (before I spend some more hours ruffling my hair), or does anyone have an idea how this could be helped? The only option I have is to buiy the CliüpNoScreening Option for €29/Month which the customer of course is reluctant to do….
Ah, yeah, just FYI: You will run into this, when needing to use A1 Telekom Austria as your SIP-provider….

Another reason to use the PJSIP stack. BTW, German Telekom has similar requirements for its products.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.