Caller ID is not being sent to provider

Sorry, newbie here. Running Asterisk 16.16.1~dfsg-1+deb11u1 using pjsip.conf. Everything seems to work except the outgoing caller ID.

I’ve looked at a sniffer, and checked all the related data (I think) and cannot find it is being sent anywhere.

; in extensions.conf
; this shows the correct info. as set before getting here
exten => _XXXX.,1,Verbose(OB to ${EXTEN} from ${CALLERID(all)})
; added this line and still does not work
same => n,Set(CALLERID(all)=“Jeff”<04…>)
same => n,Dial(${OB_Proto}/${EXTEN}@${OB_Connect})

I must be doing something obviously wrong, but I just can’t see it. I’ve spent the whole day searching the internet with no luck.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Dialplan loof fine
can you show us your pjsip config
and also how your SIP INVITE look like

I kept getting an error when try to post my config. But I’m thinking of a couple of things to try first. I’ll post more soon.


Found the problem. Line is :
in the section with type=endpoint in pjsip.conf.

I hacked the configs together from all kinds of different places and scenarios. Don’t know where I got that, but a test with another provider, that was required to be set to the account user name/number (no phone number associated, so otherwise is probably an allowed outbound caller ID). This provider does not need it.

So the number is getting in the SIP INVITE “from header” thing now. But still not going through. The provider should be sending it through by the settings on the website, and is in the format they specify, so I will contact them further.

Thanks for the help! Just knowing that bit looks okay was all I needed to go further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.