VOIP service

Which VoIP service is the best to use if I want to make in-state long distance calls and out of state calls, but I do not use the phone very often? I would like CID, Call Waiting, all those basic features. Around USD $15 a month would be good for my budget.

Thanks in advance, and for help with previous questions,
codeman

I am using voipjet.com. It’s IAX outgoing only. Pay as you go, very cheap. They accept PayPal. They give you 25 cents credit for creating an account (free). That lets you test for free, when you are done with the 25 cents and like the service, just put some money in.

It might help if you said what country you were in!

Or does the fact that you didn’t say mean you come from the U.S. and don’t realise there are other countries?

I am sorry if I offended you WillKemp. I live in the USA and assumed that since it was all in english, there were other pages for different countries. And even though english is the official language of Australia, where I noticed you were, aren’t there different spellings for words?

Also:I forgot to specify that I want an incoming number, as well as outgoing service.

You didn’t offend me, mate. It’s just hard not to be irritated by the seemingly vast number of people in your country who don’t appear to realise that they’re just one little country in a very big world. It’s hard to tell if it’s arrogance or ignorance or a combination of the two.

But whatever it is, when your government is throwing its imperial weight around all over the world and killing tens of thousands of innocent people, it really puts some responsibility on you to know a little bit about that world.

English is either the official language or is spoken by a significant proportion of the population in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Fij, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Mauritius, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe

In general, English is the international language of the internet. It’s almost certainly spoken by more people in more different countries, to some extent or another, than any other language.

This forum is in english, but there are people reading it and contributing to it from all over the world - some of whom speak English as a first language, others who speak it as a second, or third, or fourth, etc.

Sorry about the rant! It’s nothing personal really. All i really meant to say was that if you’re asking a question on an international forum about how to get a local phone number, it’s a good idea to say where “local” is! :wink:

Having said all that, i wish i could help you - but i’m on the other side of the planet.

However, this list of Internet Telephony Service Providers may be of some use to you:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … +Providers

Thanks WillKemp