Voicemail problem

I have instaled Asterisk, but I don’t have “addmailbox” file. By the “Getting Started With Asterisk” it shuld be in /usr/src/asterisk/ but it isn’t. How can I create mailbox without “addmailbox” file?

During instalation, I don’t remember that he notified me about any problem :frowning:

Thank you.

It will be located at /usr/src/asterisk/contrib/scripts/addmailbox

To add a mailbox manually open /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf and look for the “[default]” line. The following will add mailbox 100 with password 1234 along with users name and email.

100 => 1234,Billy Bob,billyb@domain.com

[quote=“angler”]It will be located at /usr/src/asterisk/contrib/scripts/addmailbox

To add a mailbox manually open /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf and look for the “[default]” line. The following will add mailbox 100 with password 1234 along with users name and email.

100 => 1234,Billy Bob,billyb@domain.com[/quote]

Thank you, I have found the file, but when I run it I get the message “bash: addmailbox: command not found”.

Second, I will create the mailbox manually. I have created directory “100” in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/. I have copied two files in that derectory (busy.gsm and unavail.gsm) and created directory “inbox”. When I call the person and it doesn’t answer I leave the message. Later, vhen I call my mailbox it tell’s me that I have 3 messages and to press one to hear it. I press one but nothing hapends.

How can I hear the messages?

[quote]Second, I will create the mailbox manually. I have created directory “100” in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/. I have copied two files in that derectory (busy.gsm and unavail.gsm) and created directory “inbox”. When I call the person and it doesn’t answer I leave the message. Later, vhen I call my mailbox it tell’s me that I have 3 messages and to press one to hear it. I press one but nothing hapends.

How can I hear the messages?[/quote]

you don’t create the mailbox - asterisk will do that. you just configure it in voicemail.conf - there are plenty of examples there to help you.

then you restart or reload asterisk and you record the greeting messages by dialling the voicemail number that you’ve got configured in extensions.conf - which will prompt you to record greeting etc.

if you’re going to put message audio files in the mailbox directory yourself, you’ll have to make sure they’re really the right format for asterisk to deal with - according to the way you’ve got it configured. it’s much easier to let asterisk do it for you, then they’ll definitely be right!

you don’t create the mailbox - asterisk will do that. you just configure it in voicemail.conf - there are plenty of examples there to help you.

then you restart or reload asterisk and you record the greeting messages by dialling the voicemail number that you’ve got configured in extensions.conf - which will prompt you to record greeting etc.
[/quote]

Thank you for this one.

The thing I have mention before works with just one problem. When I’m in my mailbox, asterisk doesn’t hear numbers that I dial. It doesn’t matter do I dial number to listen my mailbox or I dial numbers to login in my account. How can this happen?