Voicemail Playing the wrong message

Hi,

This is how I have setup the extension to goto voicemail in extensions.conf

exten => _0203xxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/710011,30)
exten => _0203xxxxxx,2,Voicemail,b710011
exten => _0203xxxxxx,102,Voicemail,u710011

But for some reason it plays the wrong message for instance when the phone is not busy it plays the busy message and if you are on the phone it will play the unavailable message.

I am trying to setup different messages for busy and unavailable. How can I do that.

Regards

It looks like you just need to swap the b and th u round.

When the dial command executes it will ring for 30 seconds the drop through to prio 2 if there is no answer, hence ‘unavailable’. However, if the phone is busy then it will jump to 101+1, hence this one is ‘busy’.

Also, would you not want the extension variable? Looks line you are using a DDI range, or am I missing the point of your setup, maybe you want all calls to 0203xxxxxx to go to just one number.

exten => _0203xxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},30)
exten => _0203xxxxxx,2,Voicemail,u${EXTEN:4}
exten => _0203xxxxxx,102,Voicemail,b${EXTEN:4}

Hi,

I have treid swapping the u & b but no difference as it will play the wrong message for the wrong condition. As I explain if i set the b parameter first and extension is not busy it will still play the message “that the person is on the phone” when m#nobody is on the phone.

Regards

[quote=“jedi98”]It looks like you just need to swap the b and th u round.

When the dial command executes it will ring for 30 seconds the drop through to prio 2 if there is no answer, hence ‘unavailable’. However, if the phone is busy then it will jump to 101+1, hence this one is ‘busy’.

Also, would you not want the extension variable? Looks line you are using a DDI range, or am I missing the point of your setup, maybe you want all calls to 0203xxxxxx to go to just one number.

exten => _0203xxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},30)
exten => _0203xxxxxx,2,Voicemail,u${EXTEN:4}
exten => _0203xxxxxx,102,Voicemail,b${EXTEN:4}[/quote]

Oh, I see, not quite what I thought.

According to the Dial command docs you may need either the j flag on the Dial or priorityjumping=yes in [general] in extensions.conf to make the 101+1 jump work.

e.g. Dial(…,30,j)

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

theoretically at least you dont need any of that, as i recall Voicemail() will read the dialstatus and play busy or unavail as needed…