Voicemail Unavailable vs Busy

I can make a call from extension 101 to extension 201 while 201 is on a call. But instead of hearing “201 is on the phone” I’m getting the message, that is “201 is unavailable”…not “on the phone” or “busy”. I am using this as the extension for each phone.

[quote]exten => 201,1,Dial(IAX2/201},20)
exten => 201,n,GotoIf($["${DIALSTATUS}" = “BUSY”]?busy:unavail)
exten => 201,n(unavail),Voicemail(201@default,u)
exten => 201,n,Hangup()
exten => 201,n(busy),VoiceMail(201@default,b)
exten => 201,n,Hangup()[/quote]

I’ve experienced the same thing.

In my case the phone has 4 lines all tied to the same account, which allows multiple incoming calls. If you do not answer it you get the unavailable message. My phones are Aastra 6757i, when an incoming call comes in the softkeys for Answer or Ignore appear. If you press the ignore key, the caller will hear the busy message.

I suspect that if I limit the lines on the phone so that they aren’t all on the same account, then when I call I will get the busy message if they are on the phone, but that defeats the purpose of having a multi line phone.

I’m not sure how it’s done but my office has an Asterisk server which works like this. This one I’m fooling around with is at my home. The Astra phone I have connected to my office * server also is multi-lined but when someone calls me and I don’t answer because I’m on the phone, the caller hears, “the user is on the phone”…not “unavailable”. I don’t have to push any keys, etc… This is what I want for my home setup as well but I’m not sure how to do it.

BTW in my testing between an IP phone (101) and an IAX2 softphone (201), no matter what I do on the softphone by clicking on the reject or ignore button, the caller hears “the user is unavailable.”