Voicemail configuration

Hello Friends,

I want to make a local test (SIP) of voicemail configuration on Asterisk using voicemail.conf, extension.conf and sip.conf files. But I did not get the good result. I received as debuging message on CLI>

app_voicemail.c:1504 create_dirpath: ast mkdir ‘/var/spool/voicemail/default/120/tmp’ failed: Permission denied
app_voicemail.c:5284 leave_voicemail: Failed to make directory (/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/120/temp)

Si quelqu’un a une idée sur ce que peu être Pb dans ma config, prière d’aider. Merci d’avance.

You are trying to run Asterisk non-root. That is not a good idea if you don’t know what you are doing.

Thanks for your reply.

In fact I am quite beginner with Asterisk. But I am trying to do a basic test that I found in the basic book “Asterisk The future og Telephony”. I did not understand what you mean with running Asterisk non-root?

Thansk a lot

david 55 mean run asterisk as root user that asterisk can read write and execute file.I think i am right about david.

Thanks

Thanks.

In fact this is not the problem because I always run Asterisk as a root user (anyway, I do not have another choice :smile:)

I did already so many others tests on my Asterisk that were successful. But the Voicemail does’nt work!!:frowning:

Any idea?

Thanks a lot to our Asterisk expert volunteers for their efforts.

In general, permission denied can only happen if you are not root, or you try to execute something as root that is not executable by anyone. Something pretty much has be be running non-root.

Linux even allows you to run mkdir as root when the parent directory has no execute permission at all.

I haven’t tested the case where you have a readlonly file system.

strange how the directories are different…

[quote]> app_voicemail.c:1504 create_dirpath: ast mkdir ‘/var/spool/voicemail/default/120/tmp’ failed: Permission denied

app_voicemail.c:5284 leave_voicemail: Failed to make directory (/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/120/temp)
[/quote]

Notice in the first line it is going to /var/spool/voicemail, but the second is trying /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail?