Voicemail config in AstDB, or other voicemail.conf "autoconfig" possible?

I’d like to be able to setup a new voicemail user via AstDB, which is working perfectly fine for all my needs, except voicemail. And I don’t want to get into the whole ODBC/mysql install stuff just for this.

I don’t want to have to open and save the conf file for each new user, and in voicemail.conf, it says:

; NOTE: Asterisk has to edit this file to change a user’s password. This does
; not currently work with the “#include ” directive for Asterisk
; configuration files, nor when using realtime static configuration.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think this only leaves me with the option for making some shell script using awk to insert the new user? Has someone done anything like this before? Or am I missing a really simple trick? I googled first, I promise!

Perhaps MiniVM might be suggested, but it warns me it’s a work in progress, and I’m happy with standard voicemail!

MiniVM is a work-in-progress that hasn’t been updated in many moons - that means it’s meeting peoples’ needs, or it’s only lightly used.

If Node’s your cup of tea, there a several example voicemail apps in Node on the Asterisk github repo here:
https://github.com/asterisk

1 Like

Ideally, I’d like to keep it as light and self-contained as possible, So you’re saying that it’s the static config file or nothing, when it comes to standard voicemail?

Thanks anyway.

It’s the voicemail.conf file, or it’s extconfig.conf, which means ODBC (MySQL or whatever other backend). app_voicemail doesn’t store its users in AstDB.