Virtual PBX for my two small businesses

Hello guys.
I was thinking about paying for Ringcentral or Grasshopper or some other of those cloud providers, but looking at each of them I realized I have a special requirements that none of them can fulfill. Then I decided to come here and ask if what I need is possible with Asterisk.

I have two small companies (the only employee on them is me right now, but one will grow to 3 in the next month or so, and the other will stay with me only)
I need this:

• Each company will need a different phone number so people can call.
  • Be able to use a softphone from my computer (where I can receive calls from each of the companies, and I need to distinguish if the call came for company A or company B)
  • Receive calls from both companies on my iPhone (I need to distinguish which number the caller is hitting, and I need to see their callerID, why? so I can answer properly and also decide if I answer at all, RingcentralC do this showing me the caller ID with a prefix, different for each of the phone lines I have)
  • Each phone line will need a different greeting (I can record this with some Talent for Hire)
  • Each voice mail needs a different greeting (even though they are both going to my cellphone or softphone)
  • I need to dial out from my iPhone (and or the softphone) using any of the two numbers from my two companies, at will (so I can talk to customers from each of them companies).

I have a QNAP machine on my server room that I understand can run Asterisk, and I believe I need some sort of Trunk.
My question is, can those things above be done with Asterisk? which softphone or iPhone app should I use? whats the best Trunk service I should get (not so expensive of course), where to start?

Thanks a lot guys!!

Dotty

Everything that you mentioned above is possible using Asterisk.

Each company will need a different phone number so people can call. ->

You can buy 2 DID from an ITSP provider, and setup a SIP trunk for incoming and outgoing calls.

Too you can use your Regular PSTN provider and use 2 analog lines.

Be able to use a softphone from my computer->

You can use : ZOIPER, eyeBeam and others.

Need to distinguish if the call came for company A or company B) ->

This is totally possible and easy using the Asterisk contexts, Dial plan logic

Each phone line will need a different greeting (I can record this with some Talent for Hire)

You can use 2 IVRS and 2 different contexts.

Wow, a lot of information, I dont know where to start.
One more thing, if I use the iPhone softphone apps, a regular incoming phone call to my regular iPhone number will make my VoIP call drop, correct? if so, I would prefer to have some sort of “forwarding rule” so if somebody call my “company A” number, it will get forwarded to my regular phone number, using the trunk, likewise if somebody call my “company B”, Can I use a trunk to forward an incoming call to another external phone?.
Can I transfer the original caller ID on the forward? (maybe including some prefix, to differentiate calls forwarded from company A and company B.
Thanks!

You setup your virtual numbers (DID) on you Asterisk server. And let that Asterisk to do the job of call forwarding. And correct you can use different caller ID when making the outbound calls to your mobile , to differentiate calls forwarded from company A and company B.

You can send a different caller ID to the network operator, but many will ignore them entirely, or will only accept ones from a small list for which you have proved that you control the numbers.