Using current phones with Asterisk system

The office I work in currently has a Nortel Meridian system with m7310 phones. Is there a way to implement an Asterisk PBX while still retaining the ability to use the features on the Nortel phone?

Example: When listening to a voice mail the time stamp is on the LCD, the user can fast forward or rewind the message from the extra buttons on the phone.

Example: Using the intercom button to dial an extension.
Example: using the top programmable buttons to page someone.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Let me reask. Can Asterisk use non IP phones including extra buttons and LCDs on them? Can those buttons be made to do things? Can the LCD display chosen information?

I also would like to know this?

Im guessing no :angry:

one line per analogue phone?

We are using Asterisk with digium PCBs.
We can attach any* IP phone.
We are also using normal phones connected to digium PCB’s

*not any of course, but no problems with GrandStream phones - or phone adaptors. Phone adaptors has only 2 ports - Eternet and RJ11 - for normal phones.

[quote=“bira_more”]
We are also using normal phones connected to digium PCB’s

*not any of course, but no problems with GrandStream phones - or phone adaptors. Phone adaptors has only 2 ports - Eternet and RJ11 - for normal phones.[/quote]

I’m just wondering if those normal phones have LCDs on them that could be used to display information given to it from the Asterisk PBX. Example: Time, voicemail functionality, paging, etc…

You can use a gateway to allow you to connect you handsets to Asterisk by using the following gateway. citel.com/index/index.asp
You will not get the functionality you current get ie time/date voicemail was left that you are getting a paging call.