Using a cellular connection for outgoing calls from Asterisk

I’d like to set up an Asterisk PBX to route outgoing calls to the PSTN either through analog lines using a TDM410, or through a cellular connection, depending on the destination of the call. Ideally I’d like to find a standard cellphone that could connect to the Asterisk server either through USB or perhaps wireless networking, and act like a VOIP connection. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding any documentation or discussion about such a setup. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

You can google around for a GSM gateway that you could put a SIM card in. Or look into CHAN_Mobile as a way to connect a bluetooth enabled cell phone to that asterisk server.

[quote=“khellewe”]I’d like to set up an Asterisk PBX to route outgoing calls to the PSTN either through analog lines using a TDM410, or through a cellular connection, depending on the destination of the call. Ideally I’d like to find a standard cellphone that could connect to the Asterisk server either through USB or perhaps wireless networking, and act like a VOIP connection. I’ve been unsuccessful in finding any documentation or discussion about such a setup. Can anyone help?

Thanks.[/quote]
I’m using Nokia E66 which is an extension to my Asterisk ( via WiFi).
Of course you can use any phone which supports WiFI and SIP.

So when I’m at home I make (all) my calls via Asterisk, when not at home, via GSM.