Undefined symbol: span_set_message_handler

Hi,

I want to use Asterisk to receive Fax on a Debian Etch Machine. I use Asterisk 1.4.11 with the spanDSP 0.0.3 Libary. I tested it bevor with the 0.0.4, but i didn’t get it to work. Has anyone the same problem? Any hints? Is there a version of asterisk and spandsp which works better.

-- Executing [232492@default:1] Answer("SIP/30-081b57b8", "") in new stack

-- Executing [232492@default:2] Set("SIP/30-081b57b8", "FAXFILE=/var/spool/asterisk/fax/.testtif") in new stack

-- Executing [232492@default:3] RxFAX("SIP/30-081b57b8", "/var/spool/asterisk/fax/test.tif") in new stack

asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_rxfax.so: undefined symbol: span_set_message_handler

Thanks for help!

Holger

I compiled asterisk and spandsp how it is described in the tutorial (http://tagebuch.localwurst.de/2007/06/29/asterisk-144-spandsp-003/)

After a few days it is frustrating to see asterisk with no fax. No change to get it work.

I noticed, that my spandsp lib is located in /urs/lib instead of /usr/local/lib Does this make a difference? After configure asterisk, i can’t see with make menuselect any rxfax items in the Application section. Does my problem here begin?

Greets Holger

spandsp located in /usr/lib shouldn’t be the problem; in asterisk, a “show application RxFax” does give you any output? If not, than that’s your first problem – you should then start with clean source trees at the beginning of the howto :smile:

I’ve never had any problems with this setup, but I’m not using asterisk-1.4.11 but still 1.4.4. I think I will try this next.

Regards,
localwurst

I have same problem . but i have solved this problem .

pls modify your makeopts file in asterisk source file main directory . add some lines like this :

RADIUS_INCLUDE=
RADIUS_LIB=

SPANDSP_INCLUDE=
SPANDSP_LIB=-lspandsp -ltiff

At this point, “SPANDSP_LIB=-lspandsp -ltiff” is very important !

after this, re-exec make clean; make; make install . It’s OK !

Do not run ./configure again , since it will generate makeopts and rewrite your file .