I have spent countless hours trying to properly set up the trunk/extension; i have read dozens of forms messages before posting here. I’m new to asterisk and FreePbx, I apologize if somebody finds this post elementary.
System: Asterisk 18.104.22.168 + FreePbx 2.9 running on CentOS 5.6
Hardware: Pc with Pentium 4; 2 analog phones (on ATA Sipura SPA2002 with admin-advanced access).
Extensions: 2609 (Line 1 on the ATA); 502 (Line 2 on teh ATA); 701 on the X-Lite.
- Line 1 and Line 2 have two different providers; Line 1, (US provider) can call the US (local and long distance) and receive calls from anywhere.
- Line 2 can only receive calls; Line 2 is configured with an italian provider.
The softphone does not have any SIP provider registered and is used only for testing, but can be also used to receive calls.
The trunk registers and is online; the phones also appear on line. The softphone also is online. In summary: 1 Trunk registers; 1 trunk online; 3 phones online.
- Internal calls: if I place a call to/from the extensions (internal calls) it all works great.
- When i place a call from my cell phone to Line 1 (ATA, US number with US provider) the call is properly received by the extension (2609).
- If a call is received on the italian number it is not forwarded to the extension; the IVR picks up the call and “looks for somebody to take the call” and is forwarded to the softphone (ext 701) when on, otherwise it goes to the softphone’voicemail (voicemail of extension 701).
I configured the trunk and the extensions in this way through FreePbx (GUI):
(the italian provider i want to use is messagenet.it)
Trunk name: UserID Messagenet
user context: tel # (assigned by messagenet.it)
User Extension: 502
Display name: 502
transport :udp only
Custom Context: allow all
What am i missing???