Troubleshooting Inbound Callcentric SIP calls [RESOLVED]


#1

My Asterisk 1.8.4 resides on an ASUS RT-N16 and is able to place outbound SIP Callcentric calls. Inbound calls are met with “the person you are trying to reach is not available, please try your call later”. Asterisk configuration files are based on the examples provided here. http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/asterisk/1_6

A Linksys SPA2102 is connected to Asterisk via sip.conf:

[code][general]
;Sept 6 2011
; [RMC] http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/asterisk/1_6
dtmfmode = rfc2833
context=from-callcentric
srvlookup=yes
register => 1777XXXXXX:MyPassword@callcentric.com/1777XXXXXX
session-timers=refuse
session-expires=180
session-minse=90
session-refresher=uas
; http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/asterisk/1_6

[callcentric]
type=peer
context=from-callcentric ;how incoming calls are handle: defined in: extensions.conf
host=callcentric.com
defaultuser=1777XXXXXX
secret=MyPassword
fromuser=1777XXXXXX
fromdomain=callcentric.com
;insecure=very ; deprecated
insecure=invite 9/6/11
;insecure=port,invite 9/6/11

[101]
; [RMC] http://supermario-world.blogspot.com/2010/11/asterisk-18-and-native-google-voice.html
type=friend
host=dynamic
nat=yes
qualify=yes
; context=to-callcentric TEST ONLY, uncomment next line
context=mario-default ; found in exension.conf
defaultuser=101
secret=MyPassword
callerid=“Gatorback SPA2102_L2” <101>
mailbox=101
; [RMC] http://supermario-world.blogspot.com/2010/11/asterisk-18-and-native-google-voice.html[/code]

My dialplan \ extensions.conf contains:

[from-callcentric] exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/101,10)

I tried reloading the dialplan and calling the callcentric extension and noticed this CLI error message:

[quote]athomehost*CLI> dialplan reload
Dialplan reloaded.
[Sep 8 01:25:02] NOTICE[10540]: chan_sip.c:21581 handle_request_invite: Call from ‘’ to extension ‘1777XXXXXXX’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘from-callcentric’.[/quote]

Further examination of excerpts from the dialplan revealed little:

[quote]athomehost*CLI> dialplan show
[ Context ‘from-callcentric’ created by ‘pbx_config’ ]
‘s’ => 1. Dial(SIP/101) [pbx_config]

[ Context ‘google-in’ created by ‘pbx_config’ ]
‘s’ => 1. Dial(SIP/101, 180, D(:1)) [pbx_config][/quote]

I am not sure what I can change in my dialplan to address the CLI error message shown above. I am hoping that a second set of eyes will pick out an error in the dialplan or wherever a change is needed.


#2

From the response You got, the instructions from callcentric seems to be outdated.
What You could do (and what should solve Your problem) is changing the context from_callcentric to the following:

[from-callcentric] exten => 1777XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/101,10)

Assuming, that You’ve got only this single DID there. If You’ve got more than this one there, You should place a similar line for each DID in the from-callcentric-Context.


#3

Excellent diagnosis Olaf. It now works.

I used the ‘s’ extension with my to answer my incoming google voice calls. Not sure why it didn’t work here. Maybe you only use the ‘s’ extension once in the dialplan?


#4

No, that’s not the problem as google-in is a complete different context which doesn’t interact with calllcentric (the context-concept within asterisk means, that all extensions used within a ccontext are only valid within even this one context).
The problem hier is, that callcentric is placing it’s INVITE to 1777285XXXX in the context from-callcentric and asterisk for any reason doesn’t make use of the s-Extension as “fallback”. I suppose this is a bug from my expectations what the s-Extension should do if there’s no other extension within the specified context (as in Your case), but however: The message

points us to the solution.


#5

Agreed, maybe one of the fine folks a digium will comment.