Trixbox or elastix

Hello,

I have to develop a solution for PBX, Im going to use one of these packages, wich one would you recommend me? I need a good support, so wich company is better?

thanks in advance

Elastix

Unless you are purchasing a commercial product I’d go with Elastix.

With that said I’m a control freak and I’d much rather build it from the ground up. If you want a GUI then go with FreePBX they are by far one of the most active communities and much of what you see by others is based on their stuff.

If you are just getting started I can’t stress enough how beneficial it is to build up asterisk (first) from the ground up so you understand it. Then add your UI.

It will go miles for you in the long run.

We have a number of clients with Elastix and a couple with Trixbox. They both work OK. No real complaints.

There is also PBX in a Flash as in a hurry which the focus has been to make something that is pretty simple to set up. I have heard alot of good things about it.

There is also Astlinux which does run on a fash drive :smile: and is what I cut my teeth on.

I’m a roll your own guy, but we now have a customer base that justifys the effort as we can spread the cost over a number of clients and all our builds are automated.

If you want a phone system just works out of the box for 90% of what you are likely to ever want and 100% of what you will probably ever use, then ether one will work for you.

If you want to learn, and build your own telephony kit car that will take on the big boys for raw performance but is not the prettyiest looking interface on the block then roll your own.

Thats my 2c worth
Chris

ps. I would probably choose elastix

Re the last post from Wesley (If it hasn’t been deleted when you read this)
WT* ???
Another Spam attempt to push for website ranking. Totally irrelevant content and a link to the websites in question included in the signature.
Its annoying, but a fact of life on forums. I dirgress. Back to the topic at hand.

If anoyone deletes the previous reply, you may also delete this one :smile:
Cheers
Chris