The b option in Pre-Dial Handlers not working

I want to play a custom voice message before the agent answers. The only problem is that the b predial option does not work, while the capital B does. I have no idea why this is, unfortunately I’m still quite a beginner. Here is my dial plan in case it helps anyone:

exten => 1888,1,Answer()
exten => 1888,n,Dial(SIP/1009,,b(from-internal^1889^1))

exten => 1889,1,Playback(hello-world)
same => n,Return()

The predial option, by its name and what it is, is invoked before a channel is dialed. You can’t play back an audio file to a channel before it has even been dialed.

You’ll need to be more specific about what exactly you are trying to achieve, to what channel, and when.

Hello. I’m Hungarian, so I might not translate what you wrote well. Could you write an improved dial plan for this? Thanks in advance

The closest way to what you seem to be doing is the U option, but A would be the obvious option.

But I don’t want to play the voice message to the called party, but to the calling party😀
I used this link: Pre-Dial Handlers - Asterisk Project - Asterisk Project Wiki

But b is for the called party.

Providing you use a current version of Asterisk, you can still use A.

The most general solution is G.

I use asterisk 16

Although that is no longer supported and will be end of life in less than four months, it counts as recent for the current purposes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.