Asterisk experience is very desirable!
We are seeking a VoIP telecom engineer to help us design, evolve, and support the telephony network that powers the world’s #1 customer service team. Our network handles many million minutes per month using an internally developed Call Center Platform made possible by our cloud technology. Our architecture is quite unique and we have a lot of room to follow our creative instincts since we built many parts of the infrastructure ourselves. Work on all phases of solutions – from analysis and design through implementation and support. Develop and extend expertise in VoIP-related protocols and specifications, in building telephony service on top of AWS cloud foundation, as well as standard Internet building blocks such as network routing protocols, DNS, IP security. Create the tools and training which will enable support engineers to come up to speed quickly on our systems. As a team, we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. In this position you will lead projects that yield visible and measurable change to our system.
Your peers will be systems, network and software engineers working to make our telephony platform more capable, scalable, reliable and efficient. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role, as will patience and a sense of humor. We are looking for the best of the best, so please expect a rigorous technical interview process.
The candidate should have many of the following qualifications:
· Must have excellent communication and documentation skills
· 3+ years of SIP/VoIP Telephony design and operational experience
· Must have experience working with WebRTC technology
· Strong UNIX/Linux fundamentals
· Experience troubleshooting carrier and various connectivity issues both IP and TDM
· Excellent TCP/IP networking fundamentals
· Excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on root cause and prevention
· Experience working with telecom carriers turning up and troubleshooting IP and or TDM circuits
· Expertise in many of the following technologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, SIP, RTP, IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, T1/E1, Ethernet, firewalls, IT security best practices
· Multi-vendor SIP Interop testing and troubleshooting
· Experience with open-source VoIP systems such as Asterisk, Free-Switch, SIPp, SER, etc
· Software development experience
· Understanding of Software development process