TE110P status LEDs

We have a TE110P card that i’ve been struggling with for some time now. I have it connected to a BT ISDN30 line (PRI), but the status LED on the back is rapidly flapping between green and red. Does anyone know what this could signify? I can’t make any calls either in-bound or out-bound.

I had thought it may be a faulty card, but the status changes to Ok (green) if I connect a loop back cable. I’d like to think its not the ISDN line as we are using the same line during the day but connected to our legacy Meridian PBX, and then i’m switching it over to the * server for testing once everyone’s left for the evening.

/etc/zaptel.conf

Span 1: WCT1/0 “Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0”

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

Global data

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=en
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=yes
restrictcid=no
usecallingpres=no
threewaycalling=yes
callreturn=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echocancel=yes
musiconhold=default
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
immediate=no
overlapdial=yes
pridialplan=unknown
prilocaldialplan=unknown
group=1
context=inbound
callerid=asreceived
channel => 1-8

Try to change span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
to span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4 if asterisk will be the master on this connection.

Check too if this parameters is equal configured in pabx:
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn

Frederico Madeira
fmadeira@gmail.com
www.madeira.eng.br

Hi

You will need to contact BT and check that the variant on ISDN30e is the correct variant.

Basicly you need ISDN30e FULL ETSI other wise known as type 110 its possible you have ISDN30e but of the older type85, This is incompatible with the Digium cards.

Also you did alter the jumper to 30ch PRI from T1 and is the cable correct ?

Thanks for the advice, I’ll give BT a call and check which variant we have installed. If we do have the older type ISDN30e, is there a compatible card available?

Not realy, You just have to get the correct variant provisioned.

What does zttool show ?

PM me if you need more help with dealing with BT.

I’ve just ran another test (I can only do this for short periods, as its the main line for our office), zttool shows:

REC
BLU/REC
REC
BLU/REC

This corresponds to the Green/Red flapping on the back of the card.

I sent an email off to BT to find out what type of ISDN30 line we have installed, they’ve just got back to me today.

We currently have a DASS2 line, which can be upgraded to DASS-ETSI for a small fee (?10 per channel). Is DASS2 the equivalent of Type 85, and DASS-ETSI the same as type 110?

I’m hoping that this could be the solution to my Digium card problems, so providing DASS-ETSI is compatible with our current Norstar PBX, I’ll get it upgraded and try again.

HI

DASS2 is not PRI 85 or 110 and is not compatible with any Digium or Sangoma card.

DASS2 is not ETSI compatible and vice versa.
Your Norstar if its DASS then you wil have to Decide a day arringe for BT to swap the CCT over and move over to the * server. This is normally done at 6pm with a small window to 8pm if a reversio is needed.