Taskprocessor queue fault

Asterisk 13.23.1
FreePBX 13

Running into a queue processor fault that I can’t get to the bottom of. It’s taking place every hour to three hours, and for no rhyme or reason.

[2019-04-18 06:38:28] WARNING[8454] taskprocessor.c: The 'pjsip/distributor-00000090' task processor queue reached 500 scheduled tasks.

I’m not running into any CPU or RAM utilization issues that I can tell from monitoring TOP. I’ve also disabled all unnecessary freepbx modules.

I’ll get a backtrace the next time it happens.

That’s not a fault but a warning. There is a blog post talking about what it means[1]. Newer versions of Asterisk have also improved performance which has helped some to reduce the chance of it happening. Ultimately, though, it means that handling some SIP traffic took longer than expected and stuff is piling up.

[1] https://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/07/13/asterisk-task-processor-queue-size-warnings/

Off to a great start this morning, it already happened.

Thanks @jcolp, I reviewed the blogpost, I really don’t see anyway to resolve this based upon it. This server was running fine and dandy, and now for the past two days, it’s gone haywire.

backtrace-threads.txt (30.4 KB)

The backtrace isn’t useful, it’s incomplete and suspect. This problem wouldn’t just happen - something would have caused it. Load, change in usage, something.

Thanks for your help; I looked up backtrace on other forum posts, seems the freepbx distro doesn’t compile asterisk correctly? I followed the freepbx wiki regarding creating a backtrace (https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Getting+a+Proper+Asterisk+Backtrace), yet I also noted other asterisk forum posts regarding backtraces and the freepbx distro (e.g. Asterisk crashes from time to time after upgrade to 13.17.0), not sure what that’s all about or what can be altered by the freepbx folks or the wiki I followed to get better backtraces.

In any case, your input pushed me to purchase a new host, and although the old host wasn’t showing over utilization, I migrated to the completely new host, so far issue hasn’t come back up (the server isn’t really being utilized, being that it’s the weekend).

So again, your input was invaluable.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.