Over the weekend, I noticed that my asterisk server was getting a whole bunch of these backtrace records about every 15minutes:
[Apr 11 00:18:49] ERROR chan_sip.c: FRACK!, Failed assertion bad magic number 0x0 for object 0x7f9700075450 (0)
[Apr 11 00:18:49] ERROR : Got 10 backtrace records
0: /usr/sbin/asterisk(__ao2_ref+0x5e3) [0x562358380fd3]
1: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sip.so(+0x71820) [0x7f971eacc820]
2: /usr/sbin/asterisk(+0x183b00) [0x56235849ab00]
3: /usr/sbin/asterisk(ast_taskprocessor_execute+0x176) [0x5623584bbc36]
4: /usr/sbin/asterisk(+0x1ab160) [0x5623584c2160]
5: /usr/sbin/asterisk(ast_taskprocessor_execute+0xc7) [0x5623584bbb87]
6: /usr/sbin/asterisk(+0x1abb44) [0x5623584c2b44]
7: /usr/sbin/asterisk(+0x1b353c) [0x5623584ca53c]
8: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x7fa3) [0x7f9721e2cfa3]
9: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(clone+0x3f) [0x7f9721a034cf]
Preceding it were these warnings:
[Apr 11 00:16:26] WARNING taskprocessor.c: The ‘stasis/pool’ task processor queue reached 500 scheduled tasks again.
[Apr 11 00:16:26] WARNING taskprocessor.c: The ‘stasis/pool-control’ task processor queue reached 500 scheduled tasks again.
I know that during this late night that there is nothing going on as this is a development environment and nothing should be happening. I restarted Asterisk and now the errors have disappeared so I am unable to troubleshoot further. I am hoping to see if anyone might have an idea of what is going on.
Background: This asterisk server is running 18.2.2 on top of Debian 10. It is running realtime database for sippeers, voicemail users, and voicemail messages. I had recently enabled voicemail on the server and that is working as intended. We are using ARI to control calls since we were unable to do what we wanted with the dialplan. If you need more information, let me know.