Supervise outbound SIP connection via ARI?

Hey there,

I’m searching for a way to supervise the connection status to an outbound SIP server via ARI. Using the /ari/endpoints endpoint, the state property does not change from online to something else, even though i.e. authentication fails.

In concrete, one of my SIP providers from time to time rejects user credentials for some while. I see the following logs within Asterisk, but no change within the state property:

NOTICE[114949]:  res_pjsip/pjsip_configuration.c:2182 ast_sip_retrieve_auths: Couldn't find auth 'endpoint_id'. Cannot authenticate
WARNING[114949]: res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:144 digest_create_request_with_auth: Host: 'XXX:5060': Failed to set authentication credentials
WARNING[114949]: res_pjsip_outbound_registration.c:1111 handle_registration_response: Failed to create authenticated REGISTER request to server 'sip:YYY:5060' from client 'sip:ZZZ@YYY:5060'

Is there a way to subscribe to such events via ARI?

Thanks a lot!

AMI is a more appropriate way of receiving events, although I’m not convinced there will be events for these cases. I suspect the first you will know is when the registration times out.

However, as I read those messages,the problem is at your end, not theirs. The first one is saying you don’t have an auth section called “endpoint_id”.

It is possible that:

will help with the other two, although I suspect they are simple consequences of the first one.

It looks to me as though the source file name in the second two is wrong. That put an obstacle in my way as regards to seeing what in the code generated those messages.

Hey @david551,

thanks for your reply! Oh right, I cited the wrong error message here, sorry! This one happens from time to time, as I manage my endpoints also via ARI.

Alright, I’ll take a look into AMI and do some testing to investigate how to get properly notified. Maybe it’s enough to get notified if the registration times out.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.