SSH Command To Give SSH Control to Some One Else

Hello,

I am helping a friend with his asteirsk box and can’t get access through his firewall.

A few weeks ago I called Digium and they gave me a command to use which gave the tech ssh access to my terminal remotely through my firewall and without a pub address. Can someone here give me that command so that I can help my friend?

Thanks,
RQ

if you dont use that machine to much it is probably in your keystroke history yet. If you log in as the user that you were when you typed the command, then keep pressing the up arrow key you may find the command, and if you do please post it I would like to know what it is as well

You can do port forwarding with ssh. So if you have someone behind a NAT ssh into a server you have control over, and the ssh command they used routes a port over the tunnel. For example: Server A behind NAT in someones network. Server B on a public IP. Person on Server A ssh’s to Server B forwarding port 22 to port 25000 on server b. Then when you ssh to Server B on port 25000, you’d actually be connecting to Server A port 22.
Look at the remote forward example here: securityfocus.com/infocus/1816

For sharing screens across sessions. You can use the ‘screen’ application

[root@asterisk1 ~]# ssh -fN -R 5027:localhost:22 aaron@shell.digium.com -p 42789

[root@asterisk1 ~]# passwd

[root@asterisk1 ~]# screen -x

Any ideas?

I’m pretty sure that ssh command is connecting to ssh on a non standard port on shell.digium.com (42789), then when connected allowing connections on port 5027 on shell.digium.com to connect to your localhost port 22.

I’m pretty sure that ssh command is connecting to ssh on a non standard port on shell.digium.com (42789), then when connected allowing connections on port 5027 on shell.digium.com to connect to your localhost port 22.