Speex wideband

I have been trying to use Speex on Asterisk, and the Kiax softphone.

Speex appears to be working with an 8bit sample rate. How do i get it to work at 16bit wideband?

Reading the Speex documentation, I see that you need the --wideband option. I cant see any way of setting this in codec.conf

There doesn’t seem to be much wideband support in Asterisk. I am trying to wean my GF off of Skype, but it sounds so superior :frowning:

If it needs the --wideband option, then you will need to recompile it with the “–wideband” option in the “make” or “configure” statement.

Yes, I tried that, but it failed to make any difference. Having done more reading on the subject, Asterisk doesn’t really support wideband, which is a real shame. When using softphones and a USB headset, the sound quality between Skype and Asterisk, is like night and day. I know there aren’t meny hardware phones out right now that do wideband, but thay are coming. The new low cost AR1688 chipset will have wideband Speex.

:frowning:

freeswitch.org seems to do what I want. Supports GoogleTalk which is an added bonus. Wideband, and C# support?I’m in VOIP heaven! 8) (not tried it yet, so I may eat my words later!!)