we implemented an oubound callcenter application for a customer. It uses AGI to connect to an java backend.
Nearly one times per week the CPU load raised to 100 and above and the system doesn’t respond to anything, expect ping.
Only a hardware reset solved the problem.
To debug the system we set a cpuset which limit the asterisk process to one cpu (4 cores) on the dual cpu system.
Now it runs mostly very well. But sometimes die CPU-load raises for 1 to 5 minutes to 40 and above. In this time the asterisk doesn’t
react and all active channels get disconnected. This happens approximately one time in two weeks.
Everytime if this happens the asterisk process consumes 100% CPU. No other process consumes high CPU load.
We tried to restart the asterisk server every night, but it didn’t solve the problem.
We also tried asterisk 1.4.22, but with this version the problem occured more often.
- Two Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E5310 @ 1.6 GHz
- 4 GB RAM
- Two Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104d QUAD T1/E1 AFT cards, six E1 lines connected
- OS: Debian 5.0 Lenny
- Kernel 2.6.22 Custom
- Asterisk 188.8.131.52
- Zaptel 184.108.40.206
- libpri 1.4.5
- Wanpipe 220.127.116.11
Average number of active clients: approximately 80
Average number of sumultanous active Calls: approximately 50
Average nummber of outbound dials per minute: approximately 100