[SOLVED] Voicemail announcement

Hi,

I am using a analog Line at home for my Asterisk 1.6. and would like to personalize the announcement for the Voicemail.

My extensions.conf

exten=>s,1,Dial(SIP/705&SIP/700&SIP/701&SIP/702&SIP/703&SIP/704&SIP/708&SIP/709$ exten=>s,2,VoiceMail(705)

rings my SIP Phones and then places the Call into 705 Voicemail. This works fine and I get Email to my Blackberry (can I specify multiple destination Email addresses in the voicemail.conf?) but the Announcement the caller hears in the Asterisk generic one.

What am I doing wrong when I try to personalize 705’s Voicemail?

THX

Steff

You would need to log into your voicemail box and record an unavailable greeting.

Login to our mailbox like you are going to retrieve a message, then press 0 and follow the prompts.

Hi,

i am quite sure that I have done this but the external Caller still only hears the generic Asterisk VM greeting and not my own one.

hi,

Also you can try to record unavail.wav and busy.wav and place them in following directory
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/705/
if you want busy.wav to be played use
exten=>s,2,VoiceMail(705,b)
for unavail.wav
exten=>s,2,VoiceMail(705,u)

PS : don’t forget to record files in wav mono 16 bit 8kHz.

Good luck.

Well,

i am getting:

Nobody picked up in 5000 ms
– Executing [s@pstn:6] VoiceMail(“DAHDI/3-1”, “701”) in new stack
– <DAHDI/3-1> Playing ‘vm-intro.gsm’ (language ‘en’)
– <DAHDI/3-1> Playing ‘beep.gsm’ (language ‘en’)
– Recording the message

and it plays the standard Message

Any Idea ??

steff

Two things.

As eg stated, you should put either the ‘b’ or ‘u’ argument to VoiceMail() to specify whether you want the Busy or Unavailable message to play. Without it, VM plays the standard greeting.

Also, you last post refers to mailbox 701 while your first post refers to mailbox 705. Did you change the dialplan from the original post, or is there an oops in there somewhere?

Dale

Hi,

sorry for the delay but using the ,u now works and I get the unavailable annoucement

THX

Steffen