[SOLVED] Auto-answer on Digium D60

Hi *

I’ve been struggling for days with this auto-answer-concept, so I really hope someone could put me in the right direction. :sweat:

I’m still new to asterisk and this is my first attempt to auto-answer a call.

I’ve got a SIP-extension (21) with Digium D60 (with headset) and a SIP-extension (22) softphone (X-Lite).

When I call 21 (from the X-lite), the Digium D60 are just ringing… it’s not automatically answering the call???

Output from asterisk

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Executing [21@internal:1] NoOp(“SIP/22-00000083”, “SIP/22-00000083 internal 21”) in new stack
– Executing [21@internal:2] Dial(“SIP/22-00000083”, “SIP/21,b(auto-answer^addheader^1)”) in new stack
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– SIP/21-00000084 Internal Gosub(auto-answer,addheader,1) start
– Executing [addheader@auto-answer:1] SIPAddHeader(“SIP/21-00000084”, “Alert-Info: ring-answer”) in new stack
[Feb 17 16:36:05] NOTICE[15780][C-00000052]: app_stack.c:1082 gosub_run: SIP/21-00000084 Abnormal ‘Gosub(auto-answer,addheader,1)’ exit. Popping routine return locations.
– Called SIP/21
– SIP/21-00000084 is ringing

My configs:

extension.conf

[general]
extenpatternmatchnew=yes

[globals]

[default]

[auto-answer]
exten => addheader,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: ring-answer)

[internal]
exten => _2X,1,NoOp(${CHANNEL} ${CONTEXT} ${EXTEN})
same => n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},b(auto-answer^addheader^1))

sip.conf

[general]
context=default
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
qualify=yes
canreinvite=no
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

[21]
type=friend
secret=mypasswd
callerid=“Digium D60” <21>
host=dynamic
context=internal

[22]
type=friend
secret=mypasswd
callerid=“X-Lite” <22>
host=dynamic
context=internal

Kind regards, Ole

Are you using the phone with DPMA or just as a regular SIP phone?

As a regular SIP phone. I gone through all the settings in the D60’s web-interface, but haven’t found anything regarding auto-answer.

The ring tone alerts are not configurable through the web interface. You’ll have to create an xml configuration file and provision the phone(s) with it. You can do this by creating an xml file named .cfg that contains the required xml configuration settings you need. The easiest way to get the configuration on the phone is by pointing the phone to the appropriate URL when reconfiguring the phone.

See Provisioning and Configuration for more information. Specifically under provisioning there are child pages that describe the xml configuration(s) you will need depending on the firmware version. You will also find samples there as well. For instance see the “Alerts Element Example” found under the RingtonesElement for version 2.2.1.1

2 Likes

So these ringtone-alerts (activated from SIPAddHeader) are not by default active on Digium phones and require a special configuration?. Are the posted asterisk .conf-files correct for the auto-answer concept?

I’ll give provisioning a shot :slight_smile:

Thanks kharwell, after setting up a zero dot cfg and option 66, the auto-answer works fine :smile: