SMS with asterisk

Hello everyone,
How to configure pjsip to send and receive sms on asterik?
Thanks!

There is no extra configuration required. SIP MESSAGE requests can be generated using the MessageSend dialplan application, and upon reception are sent into the dialplan.

These will send SIP messages; it is up to your provider to translate them into mobile phone SMS messages.

If you want to send SMS direct to air, you will need chan_dongle and suitable hardware, but note that chan_dongle is community supported, and it is unlikely that you will find anyone familiar with it on these forums. I just Googled for details:

Hi,

I’ve used chan_dongle for sending and receiving SMS with Asterisk. It actually works flawless,… though I used this version of chan_dongle for my Asterisk 11.25 and Asterisk 13 versions. I haven’t tried earlier versions of Asterisk with this chan_dongle.
All SMS-es are logged into txt file.
Later, for sending SMS-es, I switched to SMS server tools 3 because it allows more control over sending, receiving,…

Congratulations, can I see your extensions.conf and dongle.conf files?

At the moment I can’t get those two files but the extensions.conf (the part for sms-es) is copy paste from chan_dongle examples

[dongle-incoming]
exten => sms,1,Verbose(Incoming SMS from ${CALLERID(num)} ${BASE64_DECODE(${SMS_BASE64})})
exten => sms,n,System(echo '${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S)} - ${DONGLENAME} - ${CALLERID(num)}: ${BASE64_DECODE(${SMS_BASE64})}' >> /var/log/asterisk/sms.txt)
exten => sms,n,Hangup()

The main part for dongle.conf is correct USB port and / or device name.
Of course, you need compatible device.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.