SIP port Chnage

Hi,

Can I change sip port from 5060 to 5062 .
when I change sip port 5062 in sip.conf
then phone could not register.

Satti

try the sip address with portno for asterisk proxy configuration at client like:
sip:[username]@[hostname]:[portno]

e.g. vinod@10.0.0.12:5062

Here 10.0.0.12 is the proxy asterisk server and 5062 is the sip listen port

Also, if you have not already set.

in sip.conf

bindport = 5062

Hi,

I think you did not pick my question.
Hard phone log on with asterisk when port=5060 in sip.con and
When I changed bindport=5062 in sip.conf hard phone could not log on with asterisk.
Colud you tell me how I can configure asterisk as proxy asterisk.

regards

Satti

let’s start at the beginning. does your phone allow you to change the port it’s connecting to ?

Hi,

yes there is option to change my hard phone port. But problem is that when I set port=5060 in sip.conf and hard phone port 5062 then my phone log on with astreisk with port 5062.

But when I chnage port=5062 in sip.conf and hard phone port 5062 then phone could not log on.

regards
satti

in that case it would suggest that the phone is listening on 5062. in the section where you specify the registrar/proxy, can you specify 5062 as the port ? or add “:5062” to the ip address ?

Hi

In hard phone there is an option called “register port=5062” so I can chnage register port whatever it is.

regards

Satti

ok. i don’t think you’re getting this. change the sip.conf entry back to 5060, change the phone entry to 5062 and register the phone with Asterisk. then at the CLI run “sip show peers” and see what you have for “Port” for the device. is it 5062 ?

Hi

Yes when I set port=5060 in sip.conf and harphone register port=5062 then when I check in CLI sip show peers my phone register on 5062 port. Its Ok

But when I chnage in sip.conf port=5062 and in hard phone regsiterport=5062 the I got problem of log on.

regards

Satti

What kindda phone you are using?
It looks odd to have asterisk listen to poer 5060 and register a phone on port 5062.
also where you are changing port in phone?is it local port or destinationport?

Hi

I am ussing hard phone JR168 with firmware PA168T.

regards

Satti