SIP Notify Best Practises

Inclinded readers,

I have been tasked with updating status messages on Yealink phones, which can rather easily be done unsing SIP notify packets. It’s basically messages like “Forward to 321” or notifying people that belong to the same pickup group with the callerID of an incoming call , so that they can see the CLID before initiating a pickup…

I managed to get things working by directly entering the required XML configuration in sip_notify.conf and calling them form the asterisk-CLI…

I’ve done a lot of googling, but what I am missing is some kind of best practice on this topic. Maybe some of you guys could enlighten me when it comes to some of my questions…

1. Of course we need dynamic texts, so is there variable interpolation in sip_notify.conf? Search results show a lot of feature request, but has it been implented in Asterisk 1.8.15.1? (The version we are currently using).- If yes, what is your experience with using that feature?

2. WHht would you guys recommend is the best way of sending the NOTIFY-packets out to the phones? (We would like to call that from an AGI-script preferrably)? I’ve only seend that an application SIPNotify has been added with Asdterisk 11.x…
    Would you recommed calling sipsak, or any othe ideas?

All the best from Austria
best,
George