Setting Up Asterisk as a gateway for Microsoft Lync 2010

I am quite new to telephony as a whole but I do have a contact that sells standard IP-PBX Equipment and it is this person that put me onto Asterisk because I was asking him about a Gateway for lync that I could configure to use our PSTN Lines with lync as well as mixing in some VOIP lines if this is possible. I am looking at the 1AEX2406EF analog PCI-E card that is populated with FXO modules to support up to 24 PSTN Lines. This card will most likely be installed in a HP DL 360 G5 server. I have downloaded AsteriskNOW and installed it on a box that I have for testing software and have had a look at it but do not feel that it is the right setup for me (but I may be wrong in this) . If practical I would prefer to install Asterisk on Ubuntu or Ubuntu Server.
My question is can someone write me a bit of an A-Z on how to setup asterisk in this configuration or point me to the resources that I will need. My feelings are that it should not excessively complicated as it is only a gateway nothing else.
If this is the wrong place for this please tell me and I will move it.
Any help Is welcomed,
Aneets