SetCallerPres and Originate via Manager API

Hi All,

I’m originating calls via the manager API, and I need to be able to withhold the number. Ordinarily, I’d use the SetCallerPres in the dialplan to do this before calling the Dial application.

I can’t find any way to specify the caller presentation from the manager interface.

The calls are going out over SIP via a PSTN gateway. I’m open to methods involving settings for the SIP peer, but I couldn’t find any way of doing it so far.

Does anyone know how I might do this?

Thanks in advance,

James

One way might be to originate a ‘Local’ call that then triggers either an additional context or AGI script that gives you access to setting your CallerID.

Having said this, there is a field in the originate command listed here to insert a CallerID:

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … t_id=12551

Maybe just set CallerID to null/nil or add a string of 0’s.

[quote=“muppetmaster”]One way might be to originate a ‘Local’ call that then triggers either an additional context or AGI script that gives you access to setting your CallerID.

Having said this, there is a field in the originate command listed here to insert a CallerID:

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … t_id=12551

Maybe just set CallerID to null/nil or add a string of 0’s.[/quote]

Interesting - I’ll look into the ‘Local’ channel option, it sounds promising.

The gateway I’m using won’t allow me to set a null, empty or otherwise “bad” caller ID.

I’ll give the local channel idea a try and report back.

Thanks,

James

Hi,

The Local channel method works very nicely, thanks!

Regards,

James

[quote=“jaholden28”]Hi,

The Local channel method works very nicely, thanks!

Regards,

James[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what are you setting the caller id to that works with Local but not the Manager API?

Ah - it’s not the caller ID that’s the problem.

I can set the caller ID to any “valid” value that the gateway will accept.

The problem is that it needed to be withheld, so that’s why I needed SetCallerPres type functionality, which didn’t appear to be available via the manager interface, hence the need to use a Local channel.

The fact that some techie people may be able to view the caller ID isn’t really a problem.