Service providers

Good evening,

I search the file for see the configuration when you write in ‘‘service providers’’ with asterisk gui.It’s not ‘‘sip.conf’’…
I would like install skype2sip but don’t work and i search the problem
thank you very much,

Raphael

It should be. Also what do you mean by skype2sip ?

Hi,

With skype2sip it’s possible using skype with asterisk.I’s a interface sip between asterisk and skype…Install it in your desktop where you have skype installed.
good evening

raphael

never used it so I can not comment but I will say that it does not work too well. Have you read the docs on it ?

Ciao,
Yes I’'ve find a wiki support for sky2sip and asterisk,not asterisknow.
but I’ve problem (doesn’t work).Asteriknow and asterisk it’s not the same files of configuration??
best regards.

Raphael

I have never used it before. Can you post the wiki URL ? I will try to have a look at it.

Hy dovid,
I paste it…

With free calling over Skype, I decided to try to interface Skype with Trixbox. Here is the howto:

1. Download Uplink:
    nch.com.au/skypetosip/
  2. Have Skype running and logged in.
  3. Install Uplink and setup the following:
    a. Under General tab: Make sure that “Use the dialed number” is selected.
    b. “When Skype calls SIP dial the following number” Use: skype@192.168.1.100 (use the IP or hostname of your trixbox)
    c. - Under the SIP tab
    "Full friendly display name": uplink
    "SIP account number or user": uplink
    "Server": IP or hostname of Asterisk Server
    "Password": uplink
  4. In Tixbox, setup a SIP trunk:
    Trunk Name: uplink
    PEER Details:
    host=dynamic
    secret=uplink
    type=peer
    username=uplink
    You can play with the dial rules to make US calling more “Standard” and support local dialing without area codes.
  5. Setup an inbound route… For the DID number use: skype
    (See 3 b)
  6. Setup an Outbound route using the Uplink trunk
  7. In extensions_custom.conf, add this to the [from-internal-custom] context:
    exten => skype.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:6}@uplink)
  8. Reload your config files through Trixbox or restart Asterisk.
  9. Restart Uplink and make sure Skype is already running and logged in. You will get a prompt that Uplink wants to connect to Skype, accept that.
    Now if you want to call US numbers use 001NXXXXXXXXX
    If you want to call International use: 011XXNXXXXXXXXX
    If you want to call a skype username from a SIP URI dialing phone link Xten, dial sip:skype_username (see 6… the skype_ is required first and then the Skype username after that. So if your username is trixbox, then you would dial: sip:skype_trixbox).
    Thanks to this post for the basics:
    nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2568
    This “should” support multiple calls, but I cannot get it to. I have only played with it for a few minutes so if someone else know more about this, please add the info.
    Also, change the username and password for security once you have it working.

best regard,

Raphael