Sending/Receiving custom SIP INFO with ARI

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if there is a way to send/receive custom information using SIP INFO message (RFC 6086) with ARI Interface?
I’m using a Stasis Application, and it’s throught it that I’m trying to send/receive that information.
I did some tests where I sent DTMF using SIP INFO and I can handle it in Stasis Application, but I don’t find any way to handle SIP INFO with custom body, is there a way to achieve this?

A simple example for an easier understanding would be: sending “operation=pause” with SIP INFO pauses the recording of an existing conference to an application server.

I’m using Asterisk 18.2.2 at this moment.

Thanks in advance,
Luís.

Custom INFO is not supported.

Alright, is there a plan to support this feature in the future? If so in which version? And If not, in what ways I could implement this?

I don’t know of anyone working on such functionality. SIP MESSAGE can be used for custom types, I don’t know if that can be used using ARI - I haven’t tried it. Otherwise you’d have to extend Asterisk to do so.

I imagine you would need to modify the C code of the channel driver itself, as I don’t think that the low level APIs used to send arbitrary SIP requests are exposed outside of the drivers.

Given this is the first time I’ve seen this, requested, it is very unlikely anyone other than you, yourself, will implement it.

Also note that only the PJSIP channel driver, of the two ones for SIP, is maintained by the core project, and likely to be available in the long term.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.