Send SMS via SIP

Hi all
I’m searching a way to send SMS to a mobile phone via sip trunk.
I’m able to send the sms between 2 sofphone using this configuration but I need the syntax to send the sms using my sip line .Thank you :
[dpma_message_context]
exten => _.,1,NoOp(SMS receiving dialplan invoked)
exten => _.,n,NoOp(To {MESSAGE(to)}) exten => _.,n,NoOp(From {MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Body {MESSAGE(body)}) exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALTO={CUT(MESSAGE(to),@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend({ACTUALTO},{MESSAGE(from)})
exten => _.,n,NoOp(Send status is {MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS}) exten => _.,n,GotoIf(["{MESSAGE_SEND_STATUS}" != “SUCCESS”]?sendfailedmsg) exten => _.,n,Hangup() ; ; Handle failed messaging exten => _.,n(sendfailedmsg),Set(MESSAGE(body)="[{STRFTIME({EPOCH},%d%m%Y-%H:
exten => _.,n,Set(ME_1={CUT(MESSAGE(from),<,2)}) exten => _.,n,Set(ACTUALFROM={CUT(ME_1,@,1)})
exten => _.,n,MessageSend(${ACTUALFROM},ServiceCenter)
exten => _.,n,Hangup()
exten => _.,n,Hangup()

You must use a gsm channel driver compatible (ie.: dahdi) or a sip gateway like GoIP8.

Are you trying that with a SIP provider or with your own structure?

Are you trying that with a SIP provider or with your own structure?
With my own structure.A GSM OpenVox GSM gateway connected to my freepbx/asterisk server and where I have configured a SIP line (I’m able to receive and make calls via this line).
I just want to use this sip line to send a SMS to an external mobile number trough a sim inserted on my openvox gsm gateway

You must use “http to sms” feature from OpenVox.
They didn’t have a feature documented to use SIP message direct.

You find instructions to do it at User Manual page 62.

I activate the http to sms feature like this :

But It’s something that I don’t understand. Should I use my sopthone to send SMS or openvox interface?
Thanks

You need add a condition on your dialplan messaging to use Curl or another method of your choice when the ${Message(to)} start with (+). I think use E.164 for external sms’s will fit your purposes.

Can you give me an example please?
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.