Script to convert high quality wav files to all other format

I thought we would all find it useful if there was an easy way to convert your new royalty free MOH CD or recorded voice prompts to all of the available voice quality encoded formats ready for use on asterisk.

So first question. Which format should you record voice prompts? Allison Smith says on the voip users conference she records at 16bit 48k and then converts down to the other formats.

I have researched the internet to pull together a script which uses sox to convert the wav files down to alaw ulaw slin and gsm
I expect to use the script by placing my high quality wav files in a directory and then running the script.

#!/bin/bash

#===============================================================#

Convert .wav files to all types of Asterisk encoded file types Alaw ulaw gsm and slin

#===============================================================#

#Wav to slin
for a in *.wav; do sox “$a” -t raw -r 8000 -c 1 -w -s echo $a|sed "s/.wav/.slin/" ; done

#Wav to ulaw
for a in *.wav; do sox “$a” -t raw -r 8000 -c 1 -b -U echo $a|sed "s/.wav/.mulaw/" ; done

#Wav to alaw
for a in *.wav; do sox “$a” -t raw -r 8000 -c 1 -b -A echo $a|sed "s/.wav/.alaw/" ; done

#Wav to gsm
for a in *.wav; do sox “$a” -r 8000 -c1 echo $a|sed "s/.wav/.gsm/" resample -ql; done

Do we think this correct?
Have we missed anything?