RTCP SR transmission error

Hello,

Asterisk version: 11.10
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04 Server (64-Bit)

I noticed that audio is disconnecting in the middle of the call. I searched in internet about this issue and only few people posted about this and they are getting this issue when people put the call on hold. But, I am getting this problem in middle of the conversation and as well as when we put the call on hold. I didn’t find the right solution.

Below is the message on CLI:
ERROR[1560]: res_rtp_asterisk.c:2584 ast_rtcp_write_sr: RTCP SR transmission error to 67.211.0.95:19337, rtcp halted Operation not permitted

ERROR[1554] res_rtp_asterisk.c: RTCP SR transmission error to 4.51.23.63:16399, rtcp halted Operation not permitted

Please help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mouli

Hi,

Is it bug in Asterisk?

Thank you.

Very unlikely.

More likely a permissions or network issue.

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

Which permissions?

Thank you.

The permissions used for the sendmsg system call. (The OS level permissions - i.e. running non-root without sufficient capabilities.)

Hello David,

I didn’t get you completely. But, I am sure that I haven’t changed anything in the Asterisk source code or anywhere in Ubuntu operating system. Do I need to modify or check anything in the Asterisk source code or Operating system?

Thank you.

It can go down several paths depending on whether you are using PJSIP, SRTP, and ICE, but it is probably failing on a sendto system call. Not perrmitted is EPERM. which is definitely a permissions problem.