I am trying to accomplish the following thing. I have a single incoming phone line that I wish to ring a SIP extension, plus also ring a cell phone at the same time. I know I can put them both in the Dial() command and that works but what I am trying to do is the following:
- Ring the SIP/ext21 and a cell phone number at the same time.
- If the SIP extension picks up, take the call (this works of course)
- If the cell phone answers the call, ask the user for a #1 keypress to validate it is a person instead of VM on the cell phone (optionally present using TTS or number playback the phone number or name of the calling party)
I have tried to use findme/followme, but by the time it rings the numbers not at the same time the calling party usually hangs up.
My second thing I wish to do is the following:
I have four extensions. Two of them go to a two-line cordless phone system, and the other two are single phones in different places. They all use the PAP2T SIP boxes to give me analog POTS lines.
I wish to do the following thing:
- Ring ext21, ext23, ext24 if ext21 is not busy
- ring ext22, ext23, ext24 if ext21 is busy, but ext22 is free
- ring ext23,ext24 if both ext21 and ext22 and busy.
The issue is that the dial command does not return if any of the extensions are ringing, so if I put a dial(sip/ext21&sip/ext23&sip/ext24) in, even if 21 is busy it will never return back because 23 and or 24 are available.
I guess that this second issue is almost the same as the first issue. Is there a way to “split” the call processing so that I can take a single incoming call and route it through two different exten => groups? If I could do this, then it would work perfectly.
Please help me, I have been trying to do this for a very long time now, and I have compensated for #2 by ringing all four extensions which makes it difficult to determine if a single or two calls are ringing.
Thank you for your help