Ring multiple extensions from one Dial(), but

Allow all extensions to pick up?

Basically, here is what I’m looking to do. I have a collection of extensions that all need to be called on a certain schedule. The extensions are set to automatically pick up with called. The Dial plan will then play back a predefined audio clip and hang up. Now, currently, I assume that the first phone to pick up will get the call, and no other phones will pick up and play back the audio.

Is there any way to accomplish this? Maybe use the AGI and loop through the extensions that need to be dialed?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Use a MeetMe room.

Can a MeetMe room call an extension and join them automatically? It looks like every extension that’s joining the meetme room must dial the room.

As long as your phones are configured to auto-answer, that’s not a problem. Simply use an AGI script to drop call files in the Asterisk spool directory. I’ve got sort of an example I use for paging on my Cisco 7941 phones that I’ll toss in here tomorrow. It uses the same principle, but you’ll have to modify it slightly to use it for your purposes.

I’ve been reading about Asterisk’s Page() function, and it seems to be exactly what I need. I have the Grandstream GXP2000 phones which support Auto-Answer. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet though. Would the Page() app work as well?

It doesn’t work with my Cisco phones, but I don’t know about your Grandstreams. I’d give it a shot, it never hurts to try.