Reverse polarity

Hi everibody , is it posible (over FXO port) generete a reverse polarity when B answer the call ?

Thanks

I will try to add a little here.

Answer supervision with PSTN is sometimes provided by your PSTN carrier in the form of reversing the polarity on answer. Asterisk can detect this using answeronpolarityswitch = yes in your config files.

From what I’ve read and discovered with my carrier, it can be hard to come by (at least in the US). I don’t think you can make your own reverse polarity.

I tend to use Waitforsilence(4250,1) as the silence between rings in the US in 4000 ms. If you want to playback something while waiting, you can use Backgrounddetect. Hope this is what you were asking for.

[quote=“ralabiso”]Hi everibody , is it posible (over FXO port) generete a reverse polarity when B answer the call ?

Thanks[/quote]

Are you referring to an incoming call over FXO? wherein if somebody rings and answers inside (B) will generate reversal of polarity? What FXO card or channel bank do you use?

I’m looking for a PhoneShop solution, maybe i coud explain myself as i wanted:

A are users, B are peers (usually pstn)

Side A i have an equipment that need reverse polarity signal when B answer, i want to migrate or merge pstn with voip user using A*

[quote=“ralabiso”]I’m looking for a PhoneShop solution, maybe i coud explain myself as i wanted:

A are users, B are peers (usually pstn)

Side A i have an equipment that need reverse polarity signal when B answer, i want to migrate or merge pstn with voip user using A*[/quote]

I have the same problem. In my case I need reversal polarity (answer supervision) to tariffier. We work by sipura…and ASTCC module. Between extensions SIP it is oK, but from FXO (SPA3K) we can?t pass reverse polarity from telco to entensions. We need help-