Res_pjsip_registrar.c: Endpoint 'anonymous' has no configured AORs

I have enabled anonymous inbound calling to local extensions to allow Internet telephony. The result of this is however is that previously useful messages about attempted cracking, that included IP addresses of crackers have now been generalized into a single, pretty useless message:

res_pjsip_registrar.c: Endpoint 'anonymous' has no configured AORs

The messages about invalid connection attempts prior to enabling anonymous were at least useful in being able to extract the IP address and adding it to a block/black list to at least keep the noise down.

Is there any way to modify my anonymous configuration to get the previous message formats, complete with IP addresses, back?

There’s no ability currently. All of the attempts are allowed, under the anonymous endpoint. The log message may change in the future to include additional information, but it’s not there currently.

Pity. This is a significant regression in functionality/information.

The log message may change in the future to include additional information, but it’s not there currently.

Just confirming, even in the most recent versions of Asterisk, yes?

Correct, even in the most recent versions.

I’ll also add - most people don’t allow anonymous calling. The internet is the wild west these days, so limiting things is a practice many follow.

It probably would have been worth mentioning that the IP address information for these events is actually logged to the Asterisk Security Event Logger and available in /var/log/asterisk/security, at least on my installation.

That satisfies my need to have the IP address from which such events originate logged, so that they can be blacklisted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.