Request-URI not avaiable using channel function

Hi guys I’m trying to read the Request-URI header using the channel function but seems not be working. using PJSIP works but issue is that it give the URI as user/host, so I’m trying to see if using chan_sip I can get exactly as it is on the INVITE

same=>n,NoOP(${CHANNEL(ruri)})

[Apr 8 23:10:18] WARNING[18594][C-00000006]: func_channel.c:450 func_channel_read: Unknown or unavailable item requested: ‘ruri’

Hi,

Use below function.

same => n,Noop(${CHANNEL(uri)})

You will get the output like: sip:1001@x.x.x.x:54058

ruri documented on the Asterisk WIKI, as :

*** ruri - R/O Get the Request-URI from the INVITE header.** so it is not the same as uri

I think the uri variable is the URI to access the peer, e.g. the contents of the Contact header received.

My initial question is why item ruri is not available on the CHANNEL function ? if the value present on the INVITE request. The value I was trying to get usin ruri is the Request-Line-URI

Your initial post is slightly confusing. Are you referring to chan_sip or chan_pjsip?

Sorry @jcolp I tested pjsip and it works fine but information is returned in the format user/host so I switched to chan_sip to see if is returned as it is on the INVITE request, and tried the ruri item, and then is is when i get the following error

[Apr 8 23:10:18] WARNING[18594][C-00000006]: func_channel.c:450 func_channel_read: Unknown or unavailable item requested: ‘ruri’

and as I said before this item should be avaiable because it is on the INVITE and it is also docummented on the WIKI

Looking at chan_sip (:scream:), it’s there:

} else if (!strcasecmp(args.param, "ruri")) {
		char *tmpruri = REQ_OFFSET_TO_STR(&p->initreq, rlpart2);
		ast_copy_string(buf, tmpruri, buflen);

So I’m not entirely sure what’s up. The error you’re getting is what I would assume you would see if you invoked CHANNEL on a non-chan_sip channel…

Hi @mjordan , Thank you for taking your time and review issue , This is a regular SIP call using a SIP client the uri value is present but not the ruri, Anyway I discarded the use of that value because was trying to get the Request-Line-URI value, I used PJSIP before but it return the value stricly user/host that’s why I tested with chan_sip but same result, and I know that it is need source code modification in order to get the value exactly as it is on INVITE request, I’m done thanks again guys for your time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.