Remote hangup from CRM. AMI & AstManProxy [solved]

Hi,

we have a call center with physical phones, and agents want to hang up from our CRM application instead of from phones.

The only way that I’ve found is by AMI, but some articles discourage to connect several clients to Asterisk through AMI, and recommend to use AstManProxy. This is not a problem, but AstManProxy is discontinued since 2008, and I don’t know if now it’s not necessary (asterik 1.8) or there is an alternative to AstManProxy, or even there is a better way than using AMI.

Any advice about remote hang up?

Thanks and regards

AstManProxy is a dead product, I have also read about “some articles discourage to connect several clients to Asterisk through AMI, and recommend to use AstManProxy”. But I think all will depend on the amount of simultaneous connection. In current versions of Asterisk I have done around 50 simultaneous conections to AMI. You can also play with some settings on the asterisk manager configuration files.

1 Like

I suspect the real reason for this was to single thread access and thus minimise the risk of deadlocks. A lot of the deadlocks have since been fixed. Just doing hangups sounds fairly safe, anyway.

1 Like

We only have 5 agents and only want to hang up, then I will use AMI without any proxy.

Thanks for the info.